Updates : Provisional Merit List and Wait List published today (31st August 2017)
ADMISSION NOTICE FOR GNM COURSE SESSION 2017-18
VKNRL School of Nursing
Ponka Grant , Numaligarh
Golaghat - 785 699, Assam
(A CSR Initiative of NRL)
Applications are invited from interested female candidates for admission to the three years General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) course in VKNRL School of Nursing, Numaligarh.
1. Minimum education eligibility criteria for admission to GNM :
- 10+2 with English and must have obtained a minimum of 40% at the qualifying examination and English individually from any recognized board i.e. CBSE Board/State/Central/Other equivalent courses. However, Science is preferable.
- 10+2 with English, having 40% of marks, with vocational ANM course from the school recognized by Indian Nursing Council (INC)
- 10+2 with English, having 40% of marks, with Vocational Stream-Health care Science from a recognized CBSE Board/State/Center.
- Registered ANM with pass mark.
- 5% of total marks is relaxed for SC/ST candidates.
2. Reservation :
- For disabled candidates: 3% reservation to be considered with a disability of locomotor to the tune of 40% to 50% of the lower extremity and other eligibility criteria with regard to age and qualification will be same as prescribed for nursing programme.
- 75% of the seats shall be reserved for the candidates from Golaghat Districtout of which 50% (i.e. 37.5% of the total seats) shall be reserved for candidates from 5 km radius of Numaligarh Refinery. In case of non-availability of suitable candidates from 5 km radius of Numaligarh Refinery, these seats shall be filled from the merit list of Golaghat District and in case of non availability of suitable candidates from Golaghat District the same shall be filled from open merit list.
- Seat reservation as per Govt. of Assam norms. (SC-7%, ST (P)-10%, ST(H)-5%, OBC/MOBC-15%).
3. Students shall be medically fit.
4. Minimum age for admission will be 17 years as on 31.12.2017. The upper age limit is 35 years. For ANM and LHV, there is no upper age limit.
5. Selection Process :
- Selection shall be based on the percentage of marks scored in the qualifying examination. In case of Science stream students, 5% marks shall be added to the percentage of marks obtained in their qualifying examination.
- The provisional merit list, taking all criterion into consideration, shall be prepared and published in the school website at http://www.vknrlnursingschool.edu.in latest by 31stAugust, 2017.
6. Date of issue of Prospectus & Application Form (Online/Offline Mode) : From 30th June 2017
7. Last date of Application Form Submission (Offline) :1st August2017.
Prospectus & Application Form can be collected from the office of VKNRL School of Nursing, Ponkagrant,Numaligarh, Golaghat-785699, Assam during the office hours w.e.f. 30thJune, 2017 on payment of Rs. 100.00. Prospectus & Application Form is also available in VKNRL School of Nursing official website at http://www.vknrlnursingschool.edu.in free of cost.
Office Time :
Monday to Friday 09:30 AM to 04:30 PM
Saturday 09:30 AM to 12:00Noon.
8. Mode of Admission and Counselling :
Date of Counseling and Medical Checkup: 4th September 2017.
Date of Admission: 7th September 2017.
Venue: VKNRL School of Nursing, Numaligarh
Time: 10 AM to 5 PM
9. Candidates once admitted in the GNM course will not be permitted to pursue any other course of studies simultaneously and will automatically forfeit the GNM seats if they do so.
10. The School may arrange some sponsored scholarship for the deserving candidates.